PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Coronet this Week ....???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

jfreakofkorn
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Im still on the Search for mine.

And would like to know what you all did to your car(s) ....

383bee
03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Over the weekend i did the mad electric ammeter bypass on my bee along with a new engine wiring harness.happy its done.

65rbdodge
03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
i didnt work on my coronet but i did get to work on my desoto for the first time this year today. i made some round pieces(4) of metal about the size of a quarter and welded them in the fire wall filling the holes where the heater core/box used to be. also made and welded in the inner rockers until i ran out of gas, gotta get more tomorrow.

67440Dodge
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
I looked at mine

mattsmopars
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
I have been trying to put a clutch in my wagon. This makes the third time due to a bad disc and then the wrong replacement disc. I may get it finished before spring gets here. Got a complete new ram set up this go around. Now if I can just keep the drunks run off long enough I might get it back together. Matt

69Coronetrt
03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Talked to the mechanic that is pulling my engine to do the rear main.

Made an appointment to look at an A12 Bee.
Checked my credit score.
Checked to see if I still know anyone at the bank.
Checked to see if my wife is still speaking to me.

That was my 'Coronet Week' in a nutshell.

mattsmopars
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
I prefer telling the lady after the purchase is done. Makes everything run smoother. Lol
Matt

ws27
03-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I looked at mine

X2

Olive Oyl
03-06-2013, 12:21 AM
I finaly got mine to stay running long enough to drive 20 feet, then she died! So I pushed her while my 6 year old son steered. Whife took some picswith her and 8 pinup models, those shots are coming soon, then me and 2 of the models pushed her home 2 blocks while my son took the wheel and my 4 year old daughter rode shot gun. But at least now she is home!1006 The model on the right was one of the 2 that helped push, in that outfit too! The photo sums it up pretty well!

Tyrra
03-06-2013, 06:43 AM
I have replaced the wheel nuts ,charged the battery and started up the engine .

stamm321
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I stared at pictures from the body shop... and willed them to finish my car so i can put it back together.

67r/t4speeder
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
X2
X3 I opened the hood yesterday to make sure no varmits worked on my engine for me, suppose to stop raining by Sunday then it's powershift

JennFAFA
03-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Supposed to get up in the 50's this weekend - might be a good time to fix that damn lock ring and of course take him for a test spin :)

honcho
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Put hood scoop on

Mopars & Missiles
03-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Finished assembly of new engine

67r/t4speeder
03-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Woweee thats nice!!!

67r/t4speeder
03-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Looks like Sunday is my open window to get Max out for a spin, lots of rain so a very muddy driveway so Saturday is dirtbike day whoopie!!!

ws27
03-08-2013, 11:28 PM

That's some nice detail there.

Mopars & Missiles
03-09-2013, 12:01 AM
That's some nice detail there.

Thank you, still finishing it up. A couple more things to do yet.

Mopars & Missiles
03-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Woweee thats nice!!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Racer Brown
03-09-2013, 12:43 PM
WOW!! That motor DOES look nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattsmopars
03-09-2013, 09:47 PM
I was able to get my new ram clutch set install finished on my 65 coronet wagon today and actuall got to drive it quite a bit as well. It was a nice day to get out and take a cruise. Taking a nice ride seems to make all the work not look so bad when you can actually drive it down the rode agian.
Matt

R/T XTC
03-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Waiting for the weather

Racer Brown
03-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Waiting for the weatherYes sir!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe mama
03-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Didn't do nothing with with the Coronet this week but I did get a new ride for my wife!

67r/t4speeder
03-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Weather was fantastic today so Max got a work out, man these car's are fun.

67440Dodge
03-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Never let your neighbor sit in a car when pushing it out the garage.. they can't comprehend "keep the wheels straight"

ws27
03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
They didn't hit the wall did they?

67440Dodge
03-10-2013, 07:42 PM
If I didn't tell him to hit the brakes he would have..

67r/t4speeder
03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
If I didn't tell him to hit the brakes he would have..
P
Close call eh Mike?

67440Dodge
03-10-2013, 07:54 PM
would have been that for sure.. that would have been 2nd time a Coronet has smacked that wall

Rayh1967
03-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Mr. WS27 - is that a foctory AA1 car? I have only seen one other than mine.

ws27
03-10-2013, 09:27 PM
would have been that for sure.. that would have been 2nd time a Coronet has smacked that wall

What was the first?

Inquiring minds want to know.

ws27
03-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Mr. WS27 - is that a foctory AA1 car? I have only seen one other than mine.

No Ray, it was a white RT destined for the junk yard. I am building it around a restored red dash.

I met a guy at the Nats a number of years ago who had one, AA1, red interior AND 4 spd. What is yours?

67440Dodge
03-10-2013, 10:02 PM
What was the first?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I was moving my 66 over to the side of the driveway where the Ram sits. I was using homemade wheel dollies (no drivetrain), and up until that time they worked great. Wheel broke on one, and car fell off them. When it fell, the front wheel got dislodged from the block I had, and it started rolling down the hill. Luckily the front wheel was cocked, so the car made a beeline for the wall and smacked into it. Pushed the blocks back about half inch, and wrinkled the taillight housing.

Now when I move a car without power, that Toyota sits at the bottom of the driveway to keep whatever may get loose in the driveway.

ws27
03-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh-boy. I live on a hill too. The things that got away were interesting. Wagon load of 2L bottles of Coke, cantiloupes, and a 78 AMC Sportabout wagon.

All down onto a busy high way...

theman440
03-11-2013, 01:00 AM
I un-buried my '66 Hardtop moved it over to the other side of the garage. Put it up on jackstands and swapped out the torsion bars for some .865 6-cylinder bars. Gettin' ready for MATS in two weeks - hope to improve my 60ft times and hang the tires 12-18 inches!

67440Dodge
03-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Oh-boy. I live on a hill too. The things that got away were interesting. Wagon load of 2L bottles of Coke, cantiloupes, and a 78 AMC Sportabout wagon.

All down onto a busy high way...

When I was 3yrs old, my cousin had her car parked where the 'Net is now. Apparently I was playing on the yard above it, and whatever I had went into the open window. So I got in the car and started playing with all the buttons and knobs I found. My mother and cousin hear a loud bang, and look out and found the car gone. Apparently I took it out of gear (this was before steering column locks) and it rolled down the driveway, across the street into my neighbors yard,, over a 3 ft wall and finally into a tree on the other side of the road. If the car had veered about 10 ft in the other direction, it would have gone off a 10-15 foot embankment and into someones house. Story I've heard is when the neigbhors got to the car, they found me holding on to the wheel going "WEEEE!!!!"

Funniest part of the story is police showed up and filled out a report. 3-4 months later a letter from motor vehicles shows up addressed to me. It stated that because I was the driver in an accident and could not provide a drivers license, my license was being suspended for 6 months. My father said if the state was going to be that stupid, I could be that stupid. He had me scribble my name and age on the form and he sent it back.

ws27
03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
LOL, Mike's early adventures at driving.

67r/t4speeder
03-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Sunday worked on the Charger and after that Jim the owner of Charger and I went for a drive. He get's me off the line but top end I took that Cobra down powershift

Spilled coffee all over my console, on my way to work today LOL , I just took the lid off and hosed it off, good to go.

cnmsales
03-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Replaced a wheel cylinder on passenger front. Discovered I need new tire rods. Good times. The passenger side rod is BAD. Moves about two inches back and forth. Got to get that fixed ASAP.

theman440
03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Classic...I had a simillar incident in my Mom's '62 galaxie when I was 5 or 6. Sitting in the driver's seat playing "vroom vroom" knocked it out of gear, started rolling down the street I steered it right and it stopped in the neigbors yard. Got real lucky, my 3 year old brother was with me!

70rtvert
03-12-2013, 10:18 PM
It's Tusday, March 12th, and I'm home alone.
No big deal but the wife is off bowling on one of the two ladies teams that I sponsor.
I think the local bowling lanes should have a draft, just like football, so that I, being the owner, could possably have at least one winning team.
What you say does that have to do with working on my Coronet.
Well, let me tell you.
Usually my son-in-law and grandson show up and we either play pool or we go out for chicken wings.
Of coarse I'm not very good at pool and I have the market covered for the best chicken wings.lol
Any way, I take tuesday's nights off from the office to indulge in one or both of these activities.
Guess what, they didn't show up tonight. Not being one to waste a perfectly good night, I decided it would be prudent of me to install rear seat belts in my coronet. First off I couldn't get the rear seat out. Some idiot (me) had somehow put the bar that goes into the bracket behind the bracket. There is a rear hook on that bracket making it extremely difficult, if not almost impossable, to unhook. But with a few magic words and a threat to send, you know who, to the crusher, it suddenly unhooked.
Ok. Ready to install seat belts. But there are no provisions, bolts, to hook to. AHA, I thought that might be an issue so when I ordered the belts I allso ordered the bolts. And you thought this was my first cruise. lol
I find faded instructions on the hardware bags and after an hour with a magnifying glass I have them decoded enough to start.
Now let me make it very clear to any one who might be reading this, any hole drilled through the body of my coronet, even if I do it, is to be taken as the last thing you will ever do in this life if the hole is drilled in the wrong place!!!!!! So, hours pass, measurements are taken, rechecked, and marked.
I'm afraid I might drill through and hit a brake cable, gas line, rear axle, gas tank, shock, tire, hell, I might hit the steering column. lol
But stuborness and running out of time, forced me to continue. To my amazment, every thing went fine. Now all I had to do was put the bolts through the washers and bolt the belts in. Oh dam, these 12" (really 3") washers are not made to go just anywhere. Maybe this was my first cruise, I hadn't thought of that.
But after some carefull retrofitting, I had that problem solved. Now just bolt things together and I'll be done. Right!! My arms are a bit short, about 12' short, to be laying under the car and still be able to reach both ends of the bolts to tighten the nuts. I do have an Engineering degree, so I set about rigging up a brace system that would hold a wrench on one end and allow me to tighten the nuts. I could have designed a bridge over the Atlantic for the time it took me.
Finally, done!!! I carfully put the seat back in and start to clean up. Putting tools away, vacuming the carpets in the car, mopping up my sweat, and generally admiring my work.
Then it happened!!! I heard the door open to my shop and in walks my wife. No worse for ware from a night of rigerous compitition and no lack of trying to drown her sorrows for yet another loss. She just stands there. Finally, I break the silence and I tell her that I have installed the rear seat belts. Unsteadally, she leans over to peer in. It all ways amazes me how she can crush my whole world with just a few words. "Thats nice" she says. And adds, "That will make it nice for taking the grandkids"
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Grandkids!!!!!!!! That means, ice cream, sodas, french fries, cotton candy, muddy shoes, bare feet, knives, guns, dogs, cats, lizards, turtles, salamanders and every other thing you can imagine!!!!!
After I recover from my Heart Attack, I'm going to take another night off from the office and remove those $#@%^&**&^%$ ($#@%^&**&^%$) rear seat belts!!!!
I'll probably have the big one when I see those 16" diameter holes I drilled through the floor.
If you don't see another post from me, you can allways come visit me at the Loony Home for Inept Mopar Owners.
I'm not taking a back seat to any one!!!!

ws27
03-12-2013, 10:24 PM
rofl

Ahhh, Fran, maybe you should stick to building houses!!!

Great narration, and you don't have to send that poor car to the crusher. I'll take it off your hands...and I won't even charge you!!!

LOL

70rtvert
03-12-2013, 10:34 PM
I knew I could count on you, Rich.
Do you want me to leave the rear seat belts in???
Just between you and me, I wouldn't really send the car to the crusher.
But I might park her next to one, just to keep her in line. LOL

67r/t4speeder
03-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Nice one Fran,

70rtvert
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Thanks, Andy
There is seldom a dull moment around here.

67r/t4speeder
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Your not alone hang out over here for a day. If you dare lol

jfreakofkorn
03-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Are the selt belts lap belts or over the shoulder ones ...???

70rtvert
03-13-2013, 10:54 PM
The ones I installed were only lap belts.

ws27
03-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Fran, just out of curiosity, you said you had to drill and then use nuts and bolts. What happened to the origion mounting points? New Floor?

70rtvert
03-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Fran, just out of curiosity, you said you had to drill and then use nuts and bolts. What happened to the origion mounting points? New Floor?

Good morning, Rich
I believe there are only four mounting points on the original floor to allow for two seat belts. I want three belts and the two points towards the center are too far apart in my estimation. So I only had to drill two holes for the center seat belt.
Have a great day!

fastcoronet
03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Put a new windshield in and painted the door jambs along with the door panels. still needd to clear and wet sand and polish, then put back together.

Ledsled 75
03-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Hauled it almost 300 miles on a U-haul trailer, then I put it in the new garage! Snuck it around the block with no bumpers, lights or exhaust. Three neighbors said the thing sounded great! Wish it was legal just to run the open headers!!

Hibbing_Coronet_500
03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm did some push ups and some wright training. Getting in shape to remove my 727 from 67 500. Not looking forward to laying on a 30 degree cement slab!

67r/t4speeder
03-14-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm did some push ups and some wright training. Getting in shape to remove my 727 from 67 500. Not looking forward to laying on a 30 degree cement slab!

Get a bottle of Advil ready

Racer Brown
03-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm did some push ups and some wright training. Getting in shape to remove my 727 from 67 500. Not looking forward to laying on a 30 degree cement slab! I remember taking the 833 4 speed out of my 68 RR, parked it on the grass at Mom's house, pulled the front up on a couple of borrowed ramps and started in, I got it out, but was that thing heavy!!

ws27
03-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I remember taking the 833 4 speed out of my 68 RR, parked it on the grass at Mom's house, pulled the front up on a couple of borrowed ramps and started in, I got it out, but was that thing heavy!!

Me too, the 4 spd from the red car fell off the jack and onto my chest. I was too stubborn to put it back on the jack. It's amazing what you can do when you are mad...

theman440
03-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Great story Fran!

70rtvert
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks.
Some times I get carried away and I just keep typing.
I'm glad you enjoyed reading about my miss adventure.
It's all in fun, until someone looses an eye. LOL

67r/t4speeder
03-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Took some more rubber off the rear tires this morning on the way to work, No coper's in site- coast is clear- it's a go go go powershift

Racer Brown
03-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Looks good!!

67440Dodge
03-23-2013, 04:51 PM
inventoried and boxed up some more parts... straightened car out so can get it back in garage before the fun starts..

thebankerstoy
03-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, after having my 66 Coronet 500 sitting in my garage without even being started since 2005, a friend of mine who now owns the shop where we did a lot of the restoration work on my sons 72 Dart Swinger came over last night and this morning and we repainted my Edelbrock Torker intake manifold last night and this morning we installed my freshly rebuilt Holley 750 carb.

When we tried to fire up the car for the first time, we found out that my Optima Red Top battery that I had purchased back around 2000 or so wasn't among the living anymore, so my friend drove up to his shop and picked up a new one for me and once I had installed the new battery, we primed the carb and the car started IMMEDIATELY even after sitting for so long! :cool: Oil pressure went directly up to it's usual 75 to 80 pounds and the timing hadn't been messed with, so that was still spot on. The only other minor issue that we ran into was a small fuel leak where the duel inlet fuel line assembly bolts up to the carb, so we fixed that and everything else was smooth sailing!

Not only did we fire the car up, but he drove me and the car down to the Chevron gas station that my wife and me always go to and I filled her up with a tank of Chevron's high octane fuel! DAMN, I forgot how much I missed that 440 and it's 3 inch exhaust! :D

There is still LOTS more work to do in the interior, the power window system, the heating and a/c systems and installing lots of new weatherstripping, but at least the old girl is running again, so it looks like I'm back to being able to rattle all of the neighbours windows again! :cool:

Richard

ws27
03-23-2013, 11:15 PM
That's so great Richard. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear this. Make sure the brakes are fine, then go take it out for some much needed exercise. As Andy said, remove some rubber from the rear tires.

Any old geezers need to be woke up?

Go for it!!!

Let's see a pic with you and the car OUTSIDE.

thebankerstoy
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much Rich, it is exciting to get the car running again. :D

I'm still not positive yet because we haven't driven enough miles yet, but it seems like the new electric vacuum booster pump assembly that I replaced on the car last year is doing it's job, as my friend said that the brakes felt pretty good on our trip to the gas station and a short drive yesterday and the pump cycled on and off as it's supposed to, so maybe I will be ok with my braking system, which I was worried about. If all is good, that will allow me to move on to other projects on the car. I don't suppose that you'd like to come to AZ for a visit to help me sort out my factory power window system and several other projects would you? You know, I do have a "few" parts waiting to be installed! rofl

Richard

honcho
03-24-2013, 04:09 PM
fixed my voltage problem

67440Dodge
03-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Richard.. I'd be very concerned if Rich showed up at your door to work on your car..

Last time that happened, the owner hasn't seen it since!!

ws27
03-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Richard.. I'd be very concerned if Rich showed up at your door to work on your car..

LOL I'll show up...with a big, big trailer. As far as the owner not seeing his car, if it's what I think Jim has never seen it yet.

thebankerstoy
03-24-2013, 11:20 PM

You know Mike, that's a VERY good point! rofl When I first considered your comment, I thought no problem, Rich would need a REALLY big rig to haul off all of the parts I've gathered up over the years and how is he going to get a big rig like that to AZ, but then I realized that he drives large trucks for his business just about every day......YIKES! I'm still ok though, as I'll still have my protection personal standing by and NO man would want to take on a set of teeth and a set of "chest muscles" like those two have! rofl

Richard

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/thebankerstoy/Kitas%20Pictures/Kita1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/thebankerstoy/Non%20automotive%20pictures/a-women-bodybuilder-trainwreck-16-1_zps4c71c458.jpg

69Coronetrt
03-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Talked to the mechanic that is pulling my engine to do the rear main.

Made an appointment to look at an A12 Bee.
Checked my credit score.
Checked to see if I still know anyone at the bank.
Checked to see if my wife is still speaking to me.

That was my 'Coronet Week' in a nutshell.

Looked at the A12
Talked to the mechanic working on my car,
Looked at my checkbook
Sighed.
gave up on the A12
Wife still not speaking to me.

that was my Coronet Week!

ws27
03-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Looked at the A12
Looked at my checkbook
Sighed.
gave up on the A12

What are you doing to your car?

stamm321
03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Mine is still at paint/body shop. I expect it back mid April, so I spent part of the weekend getting the badges painted. the "Coronet" badges look 5feet good, the "500" badge is two color, tricky and in the middle of my 3rd redo :)

67r/t4speeder
03-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Mine is still at paint/body shop. I expect it back mid April, so I spent part of the weekend getting the badges painted. the "Coronet" badges look 5feet good, the "500" badge is two color, tricky and in the middle of my 3rd redo :)
What paint are you using? like to see pics too

theman440
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
I drag raced mine

Racer Brown
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Looked at the A12
Looked at my checkbook
Sighed.
gave up on the A12

that was my Coronet Week! If I were to move on to a "newer" car, an A-12 would be it!!!!!!

67r/t4speeder
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
I drag raced mine
I am not worthy Bet that was fun

67r/t4speeder
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Drove Max all last week, now I put away for a couple day's anyway. Put more snacks under the hood for the cute little varmits

Ledsled 75
03-26-2013, 12:37 PM
That body builder chick is NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67440Dodge
03-26-2013, 03:19 PM
I drag raced mine

And how did you do??

Hibbing_Coronet_500
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
I bought a coolant recovery system and my new wiper seals came in too. Good Friday will be a good Friday!

theman440
03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Red lit in the second round (and went too quick) Car was awesome, driver not so - best ET of the weekend was 10.67, best 60ft was 1.49 and that was on old hard tires too.

67440Dodge
03-26-2013, 08:14 PM
still want to sell it after that weekend?

ws27
03-26-2013, 11:06 PM
still want to sell it after that weekend?

There's your new 66 Mike.

stamm321
03-26-2013, 11:30 PM
What paint are you using? like to see pics too

These are tricky to paint even when you have the right colors, which I am still trying to figure out. the original is on the left, what I thought was gold paint is more of a metallic foil. tricky to recreate. the right was painted with metallic gold paint pen. It looks bronzeish. I had the same results from a spraycan metallic gold.
I am looking for a good gold chrome paint now. Hopefully that will match up better with the originals.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/stamm321/IMG_6098_zpsb83b33be.jpg

67r/t4speeder
03-27-2013, 10:02 AM
I see the difference but looks nice. Have you tried Dupli-color Metalcast ? It is suppose to be like anodize.

67r/t4speeder
03-27-2013, 10:04 AM

Turn key Mike

stamm321
03-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I see the difference but looks nice. Have you tried Dupli-color Metalcast ? It is suppose to be like anodize.

Not yet, but I am about to :)
Thanks for the tip. I'll follow up with the results.

ws27
03-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Stamm, that looks great even still. I've been told by more than one person that the gold was real. Personally, I don't believe it, but I thought I'd mention it since you said it was kind of like foil. Did any of it come off intact? If so, maybe you can have it tested for S&G's. Just a thought.

67440Dodge
03-27-2013, 12:59 PM

To be completley honest.. I'd love to have it..

But it's missing one very important piece that I want in a car...

Racer Brown
03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Stamm, that looks great even still. I've been told by more than one person that the gold was real. Personally, I don't believe it, but I thought I'd mention it since you said it was kind of like foil. Did any of it come off intact? If so, maybe you can have it tested for S&G's. Just a thought. Yes it does, nice work!!

Copper67440
03-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Nothing. But I have one more day off of work with no kids at home. Need to finish putting the steering coupler together and I might even start it.

ws27
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
To be completley honest.. I'd love to have it..

But it's missing one very important piece that I want in a car...In that car. you'd just slow it down...

67440Dodge
03-27-2013, 07:37 PM
In that car. you'd just slow it down...

no doubt.. the driver of that car is light years ahead of me on the tree..

stamm321
03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Stamm, that looks great even still. I've been told by more than one person that the gold was real. Personally, I don't believe it, but I thought I'd mention it since you said it was kind of like foil. Did any of it come off intact? If so, maybe you can have it tested for S&G's. Just a thought.

unfortunately none of it is intact. I think its going to take a few repaints to get it right. id like to get some sparkle out of it like the original.

67r/t4speeder
03-27-2013, 08:28 PM
unfortunately none of it is intact. I think its going to take a few repaints to get it right. id like to get some sparkle out of it like the original.
Keep us informed stamm

thebankerstoy
03-27-2013, 11:28 PM
As Rich will tell you Stamm, I'm most likely getting confused and forgetful in my old age, but for some reason, I'm thinking that the 1966 Coronet 500 front fender emblems used a gold foil type material, which would be difficult to reproduce with a paint product, but if I'm incorrect, someone will tell me so like they always do. Anyone

As far as my own Coronet goes, this afternoon I purchased the two different style springs that are used on the seat tracks and seat position levers on my front bucket seats. I purchased them from Rich at Firestone Collectibles who uses the ebay name of mopar9999. I've done business with him several times over the years and he has always provided me with excellent reproduction parts at fair prices with excellent customer service. When I get my seats done, I want as many of the seat parts as possible to be brand new, so with these springs, I'll be ready to go when I'm able to speak with a gentleman here in the Phoenix area that's been recommended to me to do the seat restoration work.

Before the seat project starts though, I need to finalize my plans on how I want to go about restoring my interior and in what order to do each of the various projects. Below is my first thought on how I should proceed. Anyone think that I should change some of my steps?

(01) Repaint the interior door sheet metal and any other visible interior sheet metal except for the dashboard shell.
(02) Install new upper and lower door hinges and new door weatherstripping.
(03) Sort out the issues with my factory power window system.
(04) Install all of the new side glass weatherstripping.
(05) Align all of the side window glass.
(06) Have the cars original front windshield removed for replacement later on in the restoration.
0(7) Remove the original headliner, sun visors, rear-view mirror and rear pillar mounted courtesy light related parts.
(08) Install new roof insulation, headliner, sun visors, rear-view mirror and new rear pillar mounted courtesy light parts.
(09A) While the front windshield is still out, remove the complete dash assembly for restoration and paint.
(09B) Remove the factory a/c style heater box and related parts.
(10A) Reinstall the restored dash assembly.
(10B) Reinstall the restored heater box and related parts.
(11) Have a new windshield gasket and windshield glass installed.
(12) Install all new interior floor pan plastic and rubber plugs.
(13) Install new aftermarket heat, noise, and vibration reduction material on the floor pans, firewall area and inside of the doors and quarter window areas.
(14) Install new carpet, sill plates and kick panels.
(15) Install new plastic door panel water shields, new door panels, new armrest bases and pads and new interior door handles.
(16) Install new aftermarket steering wheel and n.o.s. horn ring and related parts on my already restored steering column.
(17) Install the restored front and rear seats.
(18) Start researching information on all of the under hood a/c parts that I will need to complete the a/c and heating system restoration.
(19) Hope that I live long enough to see all of this work accomplished!!! rofl

Before all of that work begins though, I still need to double check all of the drive train and brake system parts to make sure that they are all set to go, so that's next on my extensive "to do" list. Dang, after reading my list of things to do on the real car, my 1:18th scale diecast cars sure are a lot less work, as all I have to do with those little beauties is to dust off their display boxes every once in awhile! rofl

Richard

P.S. If anyone else is interested in the seat springs that are used on many of our older Mopar seats, here are the two ebay links to the ones that I just bought.

Mopar 1962-1969 Seat Track Return Springs (1 required for each bucket seat, 2 required for each front bench seat)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Mopar-1962-1969-Seat-Track-Return-Springs-NEW-PAIR-Super-Bee-GTX-/00/s/MTAzWDg2MA==/$%28KGrHqR,%21ooE9kcqW+RiBPb2%28itNlQ%7E%7E60_12.J PG

Ebay auction link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330874324100?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Mopar 1962-1974 Seat Track Lever Return Springs (2 required for each bucket seat)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Mopar-1962-1974-Seat-Track-Lever-Return-Springs-NEW-PAIR-Super-Bee-300-Hurst-GTX-/00/s/MjkwWDMxNQ==/$%28KGrHqJ,%21h%21E9oZvvGFrBPb1+Q5Gzw%7E%7E60_12.J PG

Ebay auction link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/370786257402?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

ws27
03-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Still waiting on that picture of you and your 66 OUTSIDE. We want to see that smile that is still on your face from it's maiden voyage.

theman440
03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
These are tricky to paint even when you have the right colors, which I am still trying to figure out. the original is on the left, what I thought was gold paint is more of a metallic foil. tricky to recreate. the right was painted with metallic gold paint pen. It looks bronzeish. I had the same results from a spraycan metallic gold.
I am looking for a good gold chrome paint now. Hopefully that will match up better with the originals.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/stamm321/IMG_6098_zpsb83b33be.jpgHey Robert you might want to give this a try -

http://stores.scaledreams.com/-strse-5/Bare-Metal-Foil-Gold/Detail.bok

theman440
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
still want to sell it after that weekend? My wife and my daughter don't want me to sell it and nobody want's to buy it. My friend Tom wants to go racing he offered to pay entry fees and gas, we are going to run with American Nostalgia West. I'm having a car name decal made up, my mom is going to help me out with a small sponsorship, and I have 2 other potential sponsors on the hook. hopefully there will be enough money to race this year.

thebankerstoy
03-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Still waiting on that picture of you and your 66 OUTSIDE. We want to see that smile that is still on your face from it's maiden voyage.

As Joe-mama will tell you after we met at my home a couple of weeks ago, it's hard to tell when I'm smiling because of my "Garden Gnome" style white beard, but you'll be able to see the extra "sparkle" in my eyes my friend! rofl My best friend who is also a life long Mopar fanatic and who was the last one to drive the car back in 2005 before it was parked, may be coming over to my home this coming Monday to check the car out and take her for a spin, so if that happens, I'll see if I can have him snap a couple of pictures, as while my beautiful wife of 34 years is almost perfect, her picture taking skills with my new Canon camera are .....well....... not so good. rofl

Richard

stamm321
03-28-2013, 01:23 AM
Hey Robert you might want to give this a try -

http://stores.scaledreams.com/-strse-5/Bare-Metal-Foil-Gold/Detail.bok

Thanks for the tip! I was literally researching gold leaf when I saw this. Order placed...

69Coronetrt
03-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Looked at the A12
Looked at my checkbook
Sighed.
gave up on the A12

Got the bill from the machanic.
Looked the checkbook.
Threw up.
Talked to the bank.
Looked at a picture of an A12.
Looking for wife.

Wanna buy a Coronet?

67r/t4speeder
03-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Just read Lauri this and she is busting up laughing

ws27
03-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Looked the checkbook.
Threw up.
Talked to the bank.
Looking for wife.

Wanna buy a Coronet?

Oh-oh, what work were you doing to the Coronet?

69Coronetrt
03-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh-oh, what work were you doing to the Coronet?

Originally or what I got? Two different things.

The INTENT was to fix the rear main seal and some other 'minor' things.

I wound up with a new power steering box, transmission line, master cylinder, heater hoses and torque converter. Rear main, valve cover and intake leak fixed. Transmission leak fixed. Cosmetic body work on the hood and hinges. Replaced and painted latch support tray Driveshaft balanced. Painted engine and did a little detailing. My mechanic is a perfectionist and cleaned up a lot of other mechanical and cosmetic issues under the hood and around the car. His work is perfect or is itsn't done and he ate a lot of hours on this job just to do it to his standards. I'll pick it up this weekend. I can't afford to drive it anymore but it'll sure look good.

69Coronetrt
03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Looked the checkbook.
Threw up.
Talked to the bank.
Looking for wife.

Car's back.
Check book is empty.
McDonald's is hiring.
Wife still missing.

67r/t4speeder
03-30-2013, 06:24 PM
I bet she just out on a shopping spree of NOS parts for you

thebankerstoy
03-30-2013, 06:52 PM
I bet she just out on a shopping spree of NOS parts for you

OR some "NOS" diamonds for herself.............roflrofl

Richard

67r/t4speeder
03-30-2013, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=thebankerstoy;4614]OR some "NOS" diamonds for herself.............roflrofl

Richard[/QUOTE

That just blew the warm fuzzy feeling I was trying to put out there, geeez Richard :)

ws27
03-30-2013, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=thebankerstoy;4614]OR some "NOS" diamonds for herself.............roflrofl

Richard[/QUOTE

That just blew the warm fuzzy feeling I was trying to put out there, geeez Richard :)

rofl

thebankerstoy
03-31-2013, 02:23 AM

Richard[/QUOTE

Opps.....sorry Andy! rofl

Richard

Rayh1967
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
My R/T is a factory AA1 car with a dark blue bucket interior (no buddy seat), auto on the column. It is a pretty unique car. There isn't a bolt/nut that has not been touched or replaced. It has been a great car. The drive train is original. Mileage was 45k when I bought it. Couldn't prove it though but when I rebuilt the engine the cylinders would have been good with a .010 bore. We still went .030 over so that we could use standard Ross piston (.030 were on stock versus a special .010 and a lot less expensive). I might bring the car to Carlisle this year or maybe Farmington, MN. I live in IL so these shows are pretty close for me. Take care

ws27
03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
My R/T is a factory AA1 car with a dark blue bucket interior (no buddy seat), auto on the column. It is a pretty unique car. There isn't a bolt/nut that has not been touched or replaced. It has been a great car. The drive train is original. Mileage was 45k when I bought it. Couldn't prove it though but when I rebuilt the engine the cylinders would have been good with a .010 bore. We still went .030 over so that we could use standard Ross piston (.030 were on stock versus a special .010 and a lot less expensive). I might bring the car to Carlisle this year or maybe Farmington, MN. I live in IL so these shows are pretty close for me. Take careDid you bring your car to the Nats a few years ago for judging? I talked with someone at least 5 or so years ago with a silver RT.

Rayh1967
04-03-2013, 05:16 PM
never had it at the nats. Brought it to Carlisle once and also the MN show - otherwise have stayed pretty local to Chicago area

ws27
04-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Interesting, that mean there is another one out there.

67r/t4speeder
04-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Felt great to start up Max this morning and take to work.

Also have a cruise night this Saturday a couple towns over in Paso Robles should be fun and hope to see some new Mopars out and about.

thebankerstoy
04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Felt great to start up Max this morning and take to work.

Also have a cruise night this Saturday a couple towns over in Paso Robles should be fun and hope to see some new Mopars out and about.

Cool Andy, sounds like a lot of fun! Max is just so cool that he might scare off most of the other "lesser" makes! powershift

Richard

67r/t4speeder
04-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks Richard :D

theman440
04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Nuthin...

Racer Brown
04-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Me either, I'm trying to get some outside stuff done, they're calling for rain most of next week!

67r/t4speeder
04-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Me either, I'm trying to get some outside stuff done, they're calling for rain most of next week!

Good that will wash away that salt off the roads for the R/T

thebankerstoy
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Good that will wash away that salt off the roads for the R/T

Hey Andy, with as beautiful as Steve's car is, I bet that when he wants to take it out, he calls for a flatbed car hauler, then carefully loads it up on the truck and then has the trucks driver drive him around town while he sits up in the R/T grinning from ear to ear! :D

Richard

ws27
04-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Well, I decided who would NOT repair the hood on the RT...

67r/t4speeder
04-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Well, I decided who would NOT repair the hood on the RT...
popcorn

67r/t4speeder
04-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Getting Max ready for cruise tonight, its 70 degrees outside right now, I think I better let one pound out of both front tires what do you think?

Hibbing_Coronet_500
04-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Replaced wiper pivot seals. Just to find rust holes in the cowl behind the wiper mech. Bummed out!

BooBoo
04-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Sortin out a wiring problem . Heck you guys know that , ya,lls the people that helped . Couple of weeks before that though I made alot of progress detailing the dash . BooBoo

Racer Brown
04-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey Andy, with as beautiful as Steve's car is, I bet that when he wants to take it out, he calls for a flatbed car hauler, then carefully loads it up on the truck and then has the trucks driver drive him around town while he sits up in the R/T grinning from ear to ear! :D

Richard When I get back, I put it on jack stands and wipe the underside down, then I catch the outside!!!!!!

67r/t4speeder
04-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Getting Max ready for cruise tonight, its 70 degrees outside right now, I think I better let one pound out of both front tires what do you think?

Many cool Hotrods last night, only one Mopar....me and thats OK I dont mind. My Mopar buddies bailed on me, but cruized up with some other friends one with a `70 502 Elcamino and a Ford Falcon pickup (like A100) we had fun and Max rode perfect.

ws27
04-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Many cool Hotrods last night, only one Mopar....me and thats OK I dont mind. My Mopar buddies bailed on me, but cruized up with some other friends one with a `70 502 Elcamino and a Ford Falcon pickup (like A100) we had fun and Max rode perfect.
Nice, no cruising here for a while.

thebankerstoy
04-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I added some Sta-Bil into my Coronet's fuel tank and then my wife took us out for a drive to work the Sta-Bil into the entire fuel system. She loves the Coronet as much as I do, so she had a huge smile on her face after chirping the rear tires a couple of times during the first to second shift with the cars full manual automatic transmission. :cool: :D

Richard

ws27
04-07-2013, 11:39 PM
I added some Sta-Bil into my Coronet's fuel tank and then my wife took us out for a drive to work the Sta-Bil into the entire fuel system. She loves the Coronet as much as I do, so she had a huge smile on her face after chirping the rear tires a couple of times during the first to second shift with the cars full manual automatic transmission. :cool: :D

RichardI love it. Now we need that pic Richard.

rofl

67r/t4speeder
04-08-2013, 10:14 AM
It's a runner Richard!!!!????

Ledsled 75
04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I cut 3 inches off the passenger side of my idler pulley bracket where the alternator was supposed to mount. I put my original alternator brackets & alternator, I changed the bolts where the idler pulley mounts. The modification saved me from changing any of the pulleys on the motor.

67r/t4speeder
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
I cut 3 inches off the passenger side of my idler pulley bracket where the alternator was supposed to mount. I put my original alternator brackets & alternator, I changed the bolts where the idler pulley mounts. The modification saved me from changing any of the pulleys on the motor.
Sounds like success

69Coronetrt
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Car's back.
Check book is empty.
McDonald's is hiring.
Wife still missing.

Sigh...

Check book still empty.
Have a credit card.
Old tire was seperating.
Four new T/A Radials on the way
You want to supersize that meal?
Wife sent a post card.
Having a wonderful time but she didn't say where.

ws27
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Sigh...

Check book still empty.
Have a credit card.
Old tire was separting.
Four new T/A Radials on the way
You want to supersize that meal?
Wife sent a post card.
Having a wonderful time but she didn't say where.popcornrofl PHHHTTBTBTB (how do you spell the sound of spitting popcorn out?)

67r/t4speeder
04-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Did a varmit check under the hood, coast is clear.

thebankerstoy
04-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Did a varmit check under the hood, coast is clear.

Be careful Andy, I hear that there's a big one lurking around your area!

Richard
Richardhttp://www.ratfink.com/images-pm/rat-fink.gif

theman440
04-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Again, nuthin'

67r/t4speeder
04-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Be careful Andy, I hear that there's a big one lurking around your area!

Richard
Richardhttp://www.ratfink.com/images-pm/rat-fink.gif

machinegunekelly

Coronet1967
04-17-2013, 04:37 PM
I finished installing my rebuilt steering gear box, new coupler retainer/seal, pitman arm, rewrapped my headers, changed all battery/starter cables (were original), alittle painting, wire loomed it all neatly, and now just waiting for my pwr steering pump to come in from rebuild, paint it and ready to finally drive not only fast but straight...lol. Im so excited!

67r/t4speeder
04-17-2013, 05:36 PM
You have been busy, bet it's gonna feel tight now. Dei wrap with spray ?

Coronet1967
04-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Yes, DEI high temp. silicone (black). And header wrap is black too.

theman440
04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Yet again, nuthin'

thebankerstoy
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM
I've been busy working on my computer stored parts inventory logs this week and last, documenting my front bucket and rear bench seat n.o.s., reproduction and original to my car seat parts. I want to make sure that I have everything in stock that I will need when it comes time to restore my seats.

Richard

ws27
04-17-2013, 08:54 PM
I've been busy working on my computer stored parts inventory logs this week and last, documenting my front bucket and rear bench seat n.o.s., reproduction and original to my car seat parts. I want to make sure that I have everything in stock that I will need when it comes time to restore my seats.

Richard

When you are done, Richard, you are more than welcome to visit me here in Boston I have lots more work for you.rofl

thebankerstoy
04-17-2013, 10:04 PM
When you are done, Richard, you are more than welcome to visit me here in Boston I have lots more work for you.rofl

That would be a lot of fun Rich, but as we've discussed several times before, I don't like snow and cold weather, so it may be a few years before it warms up enough at your place for a desert rat like me to survive buddy! rofl Why don't you come on out to Phoenix where it's been beautiful convertible weather in the high 70's, low 80's and we can work on sorting out my cars factory power window system. By the time we get that all figured out, maybe it will be above freezing at your place and we can get started on documenting and inventory logging your many millions of Coronet parts! Who knows, you probably have enough spare parts to build several (hundred) cars! I am not worthyI am not worthyI am not worthyI am not worthyI am not worthy

Richard

ws27
04-17-2013, 11:41 PM
No quite, but you can start soon as the weather will be nice and warm. Today, it got up to a whopping 65, felt like summer. I was even considering turning on the AC.rofl

Racer Brown
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
It looks like we're going to have alltime rain for April, we've had almost 5 inches already this month!!!!!!!!!!!!

ws27
04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
We got almost nothing so far.

Ron Clemmer
04-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Replaced the valve cover gaskets

Racer Brown
04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Last week thru yesterday 7.83 inches of rain, wettest on record,now it's 34 degrees, tonight 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ws27
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Last week thru yesterday 7.83 inches of rain, wettest on record,now it's 34 degrees, tonight 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're at 80 and very windy. Too bad no one can take advantage of it.

67r/t4speeder
04-19-2013, 03:10 PM
We're at 80 and very windy. Too bad no one can take advantage of it.
That sucks Rich
:(

67r/t4speeder
04-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Drove Max Monday Tuesday Wednesday to work but the wind has been crazy and lots of branches down so I figured I better put it away tell it mellows out. Real nice now so I think the weekend will be good for some powershift

Racer Brown
04-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Come on out now, Rich, they got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ws27
04-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Come on out now, Rich, they got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
That was yesterday Steve.rofl

Racer Brown
04-21-2013, 03:24 PM
That was yesterday Steve.roflYup, I'm always a day late and a dollar short!!!!

R/T XTC
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Haven't been able to drive it yet , Weather is still cruddy here, hopefully by next week.............................................. .................................................. ..............

67r/t4speeder
04-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Trying to salvage the chrome on my front bumper today, I got a crappy chrome
job done that I paid top dollar for. All the edges and behind plate turn green if dont keep up on it. Paid 250.00 for a good bumper then paid 250.00 to rechrome so I have a 500.00 bumper that turns green like alizard. Lol

ws27
04-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Geico Insurance?

67r/t4speeder
04-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Drove it work today and had a BMW wanting to play on the way home, he gave me the thumbs up as I passed him.

Racer Brown
04-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Drove it work today and had a BMW wanting to play on the way home, he gave me the thumbs up as I passed him. Accelaration contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coronet1967
04-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I installed a new fuel pump I got from Mancini yesterday after finishing everything else that I posted in my previous thread, took it for a nice drive and it felt great!Got back home, popped the hood and was over looking everything, and saw that the fuel pump is leaking...lol. I was hoping it was a fitting or something but nope. It appears to be leaking where the casing comes together on the fuel pump. Oh well, I will have to remove it when I get home from work and tighten it up hopefully where the 8 screws hold it together.

ws27
04-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Great to hear someone enjoying their Coronet. I get to look at mine...:-(

thebankerstoy
04-27-2013, 04:45 PM
My wife and me took our 66 Coronet 500 over to my buddy's body shop this morning and I spoke with him about spraying the interior door and quarter window area sheet metal back to the original factory black from it's current bright yellow. I also asked him to figure in painting a new set of front door hinge assemblies that I have in my parts stash, along with rehanging the doors after installing the new hinge assemblies and new door strikers and spacers that I also have ready to go. After that it will be time to start working on the factory power windows to try and get that entire system back to good as new condition while also restoring all of the other internal front door and quarter window area parts that I've been gathering for so many years now. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks when his busy schedule permits my interior restoration will finally begin. :)

Hey Rich, I'll finally be taking parts OUT of my parts storage bins and putting them IN the car! :eek: Dang, that's kind of a weird feeling for us parts hoarders......uh I mean parts collector types huh? rofl

Richard

ws27
04-27-2013, 05:10 PM
My wife and me took our 66 Coronet 500 over to my buddy's body shop this morning and I spoke with him about spraying the interior door and quarter window area sheet metal back to the original factory black from it's current bright yellow. I also asked him to figure in painting a new set of front door hinge assemblies that I have in my parts stash, along with rehanging the doors after installing the new hinge assemblies and new door strikers and spacers that I also have ready to go. After that it will be time to start working on the factory power windows to try and get that entire system back to good as new condition while also restoring all of the other internal front door and quarter window area parts that I've been gathering for so many years now. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks when his busy schedule permits my interior restoration will finally begin. :)

Hey Rich, I'll finally be taking parts OUT of my parts storage bins and putting them IN the car! :eek: Dang, that's kind of a weird feeling for us parts hoarders......uh I mean parts collector types huh? rofl

RichardIf I agree with you does that mean I have a problem?

4264door
04-27-2013, 06:07 PM
There must be a 12 step program for Coronet parts hoarders? If there is then I am staying the heck away from that program! LOL. Hoarding isn't the problem, it is WHERE to put the ever increasing hoard!

thebankerstoy
04-27-2013, 07:39 PM
If I agree with you does that mean I have a problem?

Trust me my friend, ALL of the rest of the folks here on the DCR KNOW that you and me have a problem.......but if we both admit that we have a problem the healing can begin! rofl I know, I know, after all of the years that we've search for our parts, protected them in clean air tight baggies and stored them in sealed storage bins and kept track of all of them on computer spread sheets, it's really difficult to put them on the car and allow them to do what Mother Mopar brought them into the world to do........scare the crap out of Chevy's, Ford's and imports! :D Come on buddy, this coming week I want you to drive over to the Coronet dealership that you call your garage, hug one of your n.o.s. parts and then install that part on one of your cars! It will feel weird the first few times you do that process, but they tell me at the Coronet parts hoarder rehab center that it gets easier as time goes by.................opps gotta go, time for my meds!

Richard

ws27
04-27-2013, 08:15 PM
There must be a 12 step program for Coronet parts hoarders? If there is then I am staying the heck away from that program! LOL. Hoarding isn't the problem, it is WHERE to put the ever increasing hoard!Tim, you did notice what's at the bottom of my posts? And on the space issue, I'm already running out of room!!

ws27
04-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Trust me my friend, ALL of the rest of the folks here on the DCR KNOW that you and me have a problem.......but if we both admit that we have a problem the healing can begin! rofl I know, I know, after all of the years that we've search for our parts, protected them in clean air tight baggies and stored them in sealed storage bins and kept track of all of them on computer spread sheets, it's really difficult to put them on the car and allow them to do what Mother Mopar brought them into the world to do........scare the crap out of Chevy's, Ford's and imports! :D Come on buddy, this coming week I want you to drive over to the Coronet dealership that you call your garage, hug one of your n.o.s. parts and then install that part on one of your cars! It will feel weird the first few times you do that process, but they tell me at the Coronet parts hoarder rehab center that it gets easier as time goes by.................opps gotta go, time for my meds!

Richard
Richard, I'm happy to say your condition has worsened more than mine, as I have yet to start cataloging....on the other hand, have you seen my newly acquired Lista parts storage cabinets? OK, no more meds for me. LOL

4264door
04-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I built 2 sheds out back of the house. Within 2 weeks of having them finished and waiting for rain to prove they don't leak, I stuffed them full of Coronet parts and fishing and camping gear. Now they are absolutely FULL! The doors barely open and usually something gets caught on the doors and falls to the ground. The next place I will buy will have room for a big Quonset hut with mezzanine. That's when I will finally after all these years, get organized. Right now, I am used to searching and swearing when I can't find something, LOL. My crawl space is packed with car parts and I have to get on my hands and knees to look for stuff, very aggravating! I also have a double garage with the Coronet in it, the hemi and other components in sort of an organized fashion. One thing is I am lucky I have heated and DRY storage for everything but I still complain. I share the garage with my cat and he loves sleeping on the roof of the car, not a problem, the car is still in primer and needs to be re-done before painting so pussy cat is okay on there...for now. Storage space is as important as a good paint job or engine build imho. I am rambling on, time for dinner and a bottle of red wine......

thebankerstoy
04-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Richard, I'm happy to say your condition has worsened more than mine, as I have yet to start cataloging....on the other hand, have you seen my newly acquired Lista parts storage cabinets? OK, no more meds for me. LOL

This is what happened to the last Mopar parts hoarder that went off of his meds...........NOT a pretty sight............he now spends his time singing Chevy and Ford theme songs from their tv commercials! :eek: Jefferson Airplane even wrote a song about him............

Richard

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/thebankerstoy/Non%20automotive%20pictures/crazy-guy-in-straight-jacket.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/thebankerstoy/media/Non%20automotive%20pictures/crazy-guy-in-straight-jacket.jpg.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WF4FF8QrQE

ws27
04-27-2013, 09:21 PM
drofl

Coronet1967
04-28-2013, 12:12 AM
LOL... Thebankertoy and Ws27. And Nevermind my last post. After looking again in better light, the leak was a fitting on my fuel pump I forgot needs alot more tightning.

4264door
04-28-2013, 01:56 AM
A fuel-ish oversight?

stamm321
04-28-2013, 11:27 AM

Richard

rofl !

67r/t4speeder
05-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Drove mine to work today and Lauri wanted me to mention she drives hers everyday to work. Morgan has not missed a day at work since we bought it come to think of it.

thebankerstoy
05-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Drove mine to work today and Lauri wanted me to mention she drives hers everyday to work. Morgan has not missed a day at work since we bought it come to think of it.

Two fantastic Coronet's there Andy and Tank's a very cool ride also! :cool:

ichard

Mark's 69
05-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Installed a set of Just Suspension 1" pro touring torsion bars. Changed the leaking header gaskets. ( Guess the old ones were a little too large on the port size:o. ) Still up on the jack stands because the Summit exhaust system is going on next. :cool:
Mark

67r/t4speeder
05-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Installed a set of Just Suspension 1" pro touring torsion bars. Changed the leaking header gaskets. ( Guess the old ones were a little too large on the port size:o. ) Still up on the jack stands because the Summit exhaust system is going on next. :cool:
Mark
Let me know how you like those bars, and what shocks are you running. I need to up grade my shocks at least, thinking of some adjustable ones so I can play with it.

Mark's 69
05-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Let me know how you like those bars, and what shocks are you running. I need to up grade my shocks at least, thinking of some adjustable ones so I can play with it.
I didn't forget about you, ran into a snag. I was installing the exhaust, got down to the last two pipes and one was missing from the box! Someone must have pencil whipped the check list inside the box and I didn't double check.Blonde
Anyhow, I was going to be cheap and replace the stock shocks. Do you think I need to upgrade?
Mark

ws27
05-07-2013, 04:35 PM
KYBs seem to be the preferred. I have them on mine. I just paint them black.

thebankerstoy
05-07-2013, 06:24 PM
KYBs seem to be the preferred. I have them on mine. I just paint them black.

I agree Rich.

I run the KYB Gas-A- Just shocks on both my 66 Coronet 500 and my sons 72 Dart Swinger. If you shop around, I'm pretty sure that you can still purchase a complete set of four KYB's for around a hundred to a hundred and fifty dollars or so and they come with a lifetime warranty.

I'll admit that the ones on my Coronet haven't seen a lot of street miles, but they have seen LOTS of quarter mile passes on the drag strip from 1991 through 1997 and the same set of KYB's that I installed in 1990 are still in place today and working just as well as when they were new.

There are several high quality shocks being offered for our older Mopars, but unless you're planning on seriously upgrading your front and rear suspensions, you will spend a lot more money for those types of shocks than you will for the KYB's and it probably won't be money well spent without those other suspension upgrades.

Richard

Jay Nordstrom
05-07-2013, 08:55 PM
The back is killing this old man. I hate wiring! Especially if it is poorly done. A tidy well thought out engine bay is a result of my sick mind.
I rewired most of the front harness in prep for the engine drop in. Relocated the 6AL box and adjustable rev limiter to a better place on the firewall. Redid the front brake line after the roll control was moved for easier access. Even with the hood off the bending over took its toll on this old guy. Projected engine drop weekend after next due to prior committments.

Mark I would also like to hear about how the bars work. I have a good friend named Joe Smith who used to drive the Fenner Tubbs A990 car out of west Texas who is in the NHRA Hall of Fame. He advised me that I didn't need to do that but I am still curious.

I have made myself a promise to learn how to post pics and have resorted to an older less high tech digital because it scares me less. Pray for me in this new endevor.

67440Dodge
05-07-2013, 09:08 PM
I've run the MP .960 bars in my 67 for about 5yrs. They ride very rough, and I didn't really notice any gain in handling by putting them in. I'm probably going to take them out and put back the stock bars when I start working on the car again.

As for shocks, I've always had good luck with Monroe's. I could get them in any parts store, and they gave a decent ride before I put those heftier bars in.

70moparman
05-07-2013, 10:04 PM
I prefer telling the lady after the purchase is done. Makes everything run smoother. Lol
Matt
LOL ~ I tell mine it followed me home...

Mark's 69
05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Well it looks like I'll try these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/kyb-kg4510/overview/year/1969/make/dodge/model/coronet
But I'll order from Rock Auto and save $6 cause I'm a cheap bastard. :o I've been wanting to change the smaller bars (originally a 318 car, I know it's dressed as a Bee but I'm not looking to fool anyone) because I get a tire rub once in a while on the twisties heading to Carlisle. I'm hoping the front end dip won't be as pronounced. Oh, and these bars were cheaper than the Mopar .960"s. There I go again.
Mark

jeffmc
05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Hello All
All I did with my 66 Coronet Deluxe this weekend is DRIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .Just like its should be .

Jeff

thebankerstoy
05-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Hello All
All I did with my 66 Coronet Deluxe this weekend is DRIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .Just like its should be .

Jeff

And you sir win the first ever DCR prize that I just made up for having the most fun with your Coronet in the past week! :) You won't be receiving a trophy or any money for winning this award, just high fives from every other DCR member for having fun with your car! :D

Richard

ws27
05-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Hello All

Jeff

Welcome to the site Jeff. Some of use are jealous you could drive your car, most of mine just sit. Do you have any pics you can share?

67r/t4speeder
05-13-2013, 12:05 AM
I went through1/2 tank of fuel today on some beautiful back country roads. Then BBQ d for mothers day .
Nice to hear you enjoyed your day too.

thebankerstoy
05-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Last week was rather fun for me and my 1966 Coronet 500 as well, not because I drove it around like Jeff mentioned he did with his Coronet, but because I was actually able to accomplish a few important things on my "to do" list. This past week, the restoration shop next door to my buddy's shop that rebuilt my Holley 750 carb a few weeks ago, did several things on the car to help set it up for street use. This restoration shop specializes in all types of restoration and performance work for vintage hot rods, including sheet metal fabrication and body work, high performance engine and transmission work, high performance tune-ups, high performance brake system work, electrical system work, etc.

This time around, I wanted them to dial in the carb as far as the primary and secondary jetting, power valve and carb settings. I also wanted them to look at the issue that I've been dealing with regarding my Master Power front power disc brake conversion kit which was installed back in 2000. That issue involved poor engine vacuum output at idle due to my Mopar Performance camshaft, which is the original design of the .284 / .484 Purple Shaft hydraulic camshaft, (part #P4120235) which is rated at 68 degrees of valve overlap and a 108 centerline. With this camshaft in place, along with my Edelbrock Torker single plane intake manifold and my Holley 750 carb which has been upgraded with a Holley secondary metering block in place of the stock Holley secondary metering plate, my 440 is only producing a verified 8 inches of vacuum at idle, which is well short of the 18 to 20 inches of engine vacuum recommended by Chrysler to properly assist options such as power brakes and factory air conditioning.

Knowing I had this problem with the brakes back in 2000, along with plans to reinstall my cars factory a/c system, or a variation of that system, with some newer technology aftermarket parts such as a Sanden a/c compressor and maybe a serpentine belt and pulley set-up, I also ordered and installed one of the Master Power Brakes 12 volt electric vacuum pumps (part#AC2724K) and plumbed it to the vacuum booster with a check valve. While this vacuum pump did seem to supply an increased supply of vacuum at idle and low rpm's for the power front disc brakes, the pump also seemed to be running almost continuously, so that problem still needed to be addressed at the time the car was parked in 2005 to avoid wear and tear on the expensive vacuum pump and the drain it was putting on the cars electrical system when it was running.

So fast forwarding to last week, here's what was done.

(1) Used a gas analyzer to see if the carb jetting, power valve and carb settings were correct for best output and drivability on the street. As seen below, they were fairly close, as only minor jet size changes were needed along with a power valve change and a small timing change.

(2) Changed the primary carb jets from the Holley .70's that I had in place, to a set of the slightly larger Holley .73's that I supplied to them from my Mopar Performance (part #P4349307) Holley Main Jet Assortment kit.

(3) Changed the secondary carb jets in my Holley rear jet block from the Holley .80's that I had in place, to a set of the next size larger Holley .81's that I supplied to them from my Mopar Performance (part #P4349307) Holley Main Jet Assortment kit.

(4) Checked and reset the carbs float level and adjusted the idle and mixture settings.

(5) Changed the 6.5 inch hg rated Holley power valve (part #125-65) that I had in place, to a Holley 3.5 inch hg rated power valve (part #125-35) that I supplied to them from my Holley parts supply.

(6) Changed the engine timing from the 36 degrees total that I had it set at for drag racing, to 13 degrees base and 34 degrees total.

(7) Added and plumbed a Summit Racing black metal vacuum canister. (part #SUM-G1464. This canister was mounted underneath the Master Power vacuum pump on a newly fabricated steel mounting bracket, which is located where the factory battery tray and battery were originally mounted in the car. (my Optima Red Top battery has been mounted in the trunk since 1991)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/thebankerstoy/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/SunnitRacingPartsum-g1464-BrakeVacuumReservoire-Black-Metal.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/thebankerstoy/media/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/SunnitRacingPartsum-g1464-BrakeVacuumReservoire-Black-Metal.jpg.html)

(8) Added a secondary engine vacuum source line with an additional check valve from the carb to the new vacuum canister via a brass tee that will allow me to add the new Summit Racing vacuum gauge (part #SUM-G3125) that I have on order and coming to me in the next couple of days.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/thebankerstoy/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/SummitRacingPartUM-G3125-VacuumGauge-BrakeReservoire-Black-WhiteFace.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/thebankerstoy/media/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/SummitRacingPartUM-G3125-VacuumGauge-BrakeReservoire-Black-WhiteFace.jpg.html)

(9) Add an electrical relay, 20 amp fuse and the electrical wiring to the vacuum pump to reduce the electrical load on the vacuum pump and the cars electrical system.

The car still isn't home yet, because after paying the bill at the restoration shop, we took the car next door to my buddy's shop so that this coming week we can install all of the new Year One and SMS Restoration parking brake parts from the foot pedal assembly back to the rear brake assemblies. I will also be installing a new B&M "T" style shifter handle that I just purchased from Summit Racing (part #BMM-80643) that does not incorporate a line lock activation button into the shifter handle like my current B&M "T" style handle does. I run one of the B&M Quicksilver shifters, so while having the activation button on the shifter handle was fantastic on the drag strip, it's somewhat of a p.i.t.a. for street driving with a full manually shifted automatic transmission in place. I will relocate the line lock activation button to another location so that it will still be available if needed.

Hey Rich, with me installing all of these parking brake parts out of my storage bins, my status as a Mopar parts hoarder will be in real jeopardy buddy! rofl

I can say however, that when my buddy and me took the car out for a short test drive after getting it back from the restoration shop, it broke the rear B.F.G. Radial T/A tires loose in both the low gear to second gear shift and also during the second gear to drive gear during a couple of "acceleration tests"! :D My 8.75 rear differential equipped with 3.91 gears and a Sure-Grip were having a little fun and it also put a pretty big smile on both of our faces as well! :D

Richard

ws27
05-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Whew! I'm tired just reading all that Richard. LOL BTW, I don't think your parts hoarding status will change even if you build three complete cars from your stash.

67r/t4speeder
05-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Just a pic from yesterday, I saw this old deserted farm and looked around hoping to find some deserted R/Ts but only rattle snakes. HAHA

thebankerstoy
05-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Rich,
My parts stash pales in comparison to yours my friend! I am not worthyI am not worthyI am not worthyI am not worthyI am not worthy

By the way, if I ever did a post like the one I did above that contained less than 5000 words, you'd be disappointed wouldn't you? rofl

Andy,

WOW that's a VERY cool shot of Max!! :cool:

Richard

67r/t4speeder
05-13-2013, 11:07 AM
"By the way, if I ever did a post like the one I did above that contained less than 5000 words, you'd be disappointed wouldn't you? rofl"

rofl

ws27
05-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Love the back drop Andy. That area looks like a cool place to explore. And yes Richard, you do have quite a standard to uphold don't you? Don't worry, we are getting used to it.

thebankerstoy
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
And yes Richard, you do have quite a standard to uphold don't you? Don't worry, we are getting used to it.

In my world Rich, one word is worth a thousand pictures! rofl

Richard

67r/t4speeder
05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
I picked up a new washer bottle for Lauri's wagon, as you can see it needed it. The fab aluminum one has corroded through so it had to go. The previous owner's student's in welding class made it for him a LONG time ago.
I cleaned the fender wells and firewall up a bit also.

ws27
05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Looks great Andy. That aluminum tank has character.

Racer Brown
05-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Hang on to the "old" tank!!

67r/t4speeder
05-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Hang on to the "old" tank!!

I am going to visit the couple we bought it from and offer it back along with the wooden horn button his neighbor made.

thebankerstoy
05-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Looks great Andy AND you used the correct 1966 B-Body windshield bottle and pump motor! :cool: I changed my 66 Coronet 500 over to a 1967 set-up back in the early 90's because the 1967 parts were easier to find back then, but I will be going back to the correct 66 style set-up now that I have all of the correct parts ready to go.
It's also extremely cool that you're going to offer those special parts off of Morgan back to the original owners! I am not worthy If cars had feelings, Morgan would be really thankful to have such fantastic owners all of his life! :cool:

Richard

67r/t4speeder
05-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Drove it again to work, Lauri took a customer home in it and scared the crap out of him but said he loved every minute of it He wants a MoPar now.

4264door
05-15-2013, 07:31 PM
There is just something that can never be forgotten by a person not used to performance cars and that is the g-force acceleration feeling one gets from being in a MoPar! The look of panic at first is priceless, then the panic starts to fade and the sheer enjoyment begins then the next thing you might hear is..."I WANT one of these cars"!!!

Jim 68cuda
05-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Nothing exciting for me this week, but, I did wash the blue Coronet for the first time this year, and I started it and drove it for the first time since October. If it doesn't rain, I may just clean the wheels and tires and wax the car as well.
I also tried to get the green Barracuda started today, but I failed. I drove it last spring and summer, but couldn't get it started last time I tried either. That was October. I think it could be the fuel pump. It almost starts, but won't idle with the help of starting fluid or a little gas poured into the carburator. So, a fuel pump, and a fuel filter, will be my first attempt.

ws27
05-15-2013, 07:48 PM
That pic shows a true Mopar addict!

4264door
05-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Jim, I would like to be your new neighbor!! NICE cars!!

67r/t4speeder
05-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Cool shot Jim Mopars heaven

Jim 68cuda
05-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Jim, I would like to be your new neighbor!! NICE cars!!

Great! Come on down. Mopar buddies who live close by are rare and one has just put his house on the market this week. Like me, they only have a two car garage, so they are moving to a slightly more rural area, so they'll have room for more than two classic Mopars.

Jim 68cuda
05-15-2013, 08:33 PM
That pic shows a true Mopar addict!

Didn't I see you at the last support group meeting of Coronetaholics Anonymous?

67r/t4speeder
05-15-2013, 08:37 PM
According to Rich you wouldn't want me for a neighbor :( since I like to blow golpher holes up with propane and m80s. Angelina and Brad Pit don't complain course there never home.

ws27
05-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Didn't I see you at the last support group meeting of Coronetaholics Anonymous?I only go to the New England chapter meetings. Your meetings are too far away. At least that's my excuse.

ws27
05-15-2013, 09:32 PM
According to Rich you wouldn't want me for a neighbor :( since I like to blow golpher holes up with propane and m80s. Angelina and Brad Pit don't complain course there never home.
Funny, I'd love a neighbor who blew things up on a regular basis. Too many latte sipping Honda drivers around here. Way too boring.

4264door
05-15-2013, 09:49 PM
If we lived next to each other I think that the local police types would be dropping by asking us to keep the noise down! Heck, here in BC a person can make as much noise as you want until 10 pm. 9:59 do a monster MoPar burnout and call it a night! LOL!

thebankerstoy
05-15-2013, 10:43 PM
You sure have a great looking group of Mopars there Jim! :cool:

Are you putting any Sta-Bil in your cars fuel systems over the winter months Jim? I use it in both my Coronet and my sons Dart because they aren't driven very much and it really works like a charm for me.

Richard

Avenger
05-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Working on the trans :) oh joy :P lol

JennFAFA
05-16-2013, 11:15 AM
OK so I don't know where i left off here BUT i got the new lock ring out and put the old one back in .. so far so good. Filled it with gas last night and took him for a spin - driveway was dry. YAY makes me a happy girl .. next on the list is the weather stripping that I didn't know was separate from the windlace. Gotta get that so i dont get wet while its raining. ;)

67r/t4speeder
05-16-2013, 11:24 AM
OK so I don't know where i left off here BUT i got the new lock ring out and put the old one back in .. so far so good. Filled it with gas last night and took him for a spin - driveway was dry. YAY makes me a happy girl .. next on the list is the weather stripping that I didn't know was separate from the windlace. Gotta get that so i dont get wet while its raining. ;)

Way to go Jenn, can't beat the quality of original parts.

JennFAFA
05-16-2013, 04:21 PM
yea you got that right! POS part pissed me off. Things are NOT made like they used to be huh?

ws27
05-16-2013, 09:20 PM
yea you got that right! POS part pissed me off. Things are NOT made like they used to be huh?
That would be an understatement Jenn.

thebankerstoy
05-16-2013, 10:53 PM
I'd like to add a comment to what Jenn said about the aftermarket fuel sending unit lock rings being junk.

I purchased one of the lock ring install & removal tools from Vans Auto awhile back and when I tried to use it earlier this year while I was restoring my Coronets complete fuel system, I used this tool to remove my cars original metal lock ring and it worked just as designed. When I tried to use the same tool to install the new aftermarket lock ring that came with my new fuel sending unit, the tool simply would NOT work, no matter what I tried. Needless to say, the cheap aftermarker lock ring went into my spare parts bin and the original used part went back on my car.

While it's good to see parts being reproduced for our cars, having parts reproduced for our cars that don't work and fit like the original parts did is absolutely useless in my humble opinion. If someone is going to spend the time and money to reproduce a part, please do it correctly, or please don't bother making it at all.

Richard

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/thebankerstoy/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/FuelTankSendingUnitLoclRingRemovalToolpurchasedfro mVansAutoinOct2012.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/thebankerstoy/media/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/FuelTankSendingUnitLoclRingRemovalToolpurchasedfro mVansAutoinOct2012.jpg.html)

67r/t4speeder
05-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Amen

ws27
05-17-2013, 09:00 AM
X2

theman440
05-17-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd like to add a comment to what Jenn said about the aftermarket fuel sending unit lock rings being junk.

I purchased one of the lock ring install & removal tools from Vans Auto awhile back and when I tried to use it earlier this year while I was restoring my Coronets complete fuel system, I used this tool to remove my cars original metal lock ring and it worked just as designed. When I tried to use the same tool to install the new aftermarket lock ring that came with my new fuel sending unit, the tool simply would NOT work, no matter what I tried. Needless to say, the cheap aftermarker lock ring went into my spare parts bin and the original used part went back on my car.

While it's good to see parts being reproduced for our cars, having parts reproduced for our cars that don't work and fit like the original parts did is absolutely useless in my humble opinion. If someone is going to spend the time and money to reproduce a part, please do it correctly, or please don't bother making it at all.

Richard

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/thebankerstoy/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/FuelTankSendingUnitLoclRingRemovalToolpurchasedfro mVansAutoinOct2012.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/thebankerstoy/media/Parts%20Aftermarket%20And%20Mopar%20Performance/FuelTankSendingUnitLoclRingRemovalToolpurchasedfro mVansAutoinOct2012.jpg.html)

Hey Richard - you don't want to here my restoration parts stories!

theman440
05-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Can you believe it? I did nothing to either car, again.

ws27
05-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Can you believe it? I did nothing to either car, again.Join the club...

JennFAFA
05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
wow Richard ... I could have used that tool! LOL But no matter ... getting under my car is nice for two reasons 1) cause its my car and i dont mind getting dirty and 2) its nice to see all the NEW stuff under there :D

thebankerstoy
05-17-2013, 03:21 PM
wow Richard ... I could have used that tool! LOL But no matter ... getting under my car is nice for two reasons 1) cause its my car and i dont mind getting dirty and 2) its nice to see all the NEW stuff under there :D

By the way Jenn, did you ever have a chance to look into the information that I found for you for your cars seat covers and door panels? That's a very cool material that they used on your cars original seat covers from the factory! :) It made me really happy to see that it's still available for you! :cool:

Richard

thebankerstoy
05-17-2013, 05:26 PM
My 99 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab has really been enjoying being back inside of my garage next to my sons Dart this past week, as my Coronet has been at my buddies shop to get a few things done.

As an update to my last post, this past week we've been able to complete the following:

(1) Checked out the complete parking brake system from front to back that's been out of service for awhile. I had purchased all new parts for this system over the years thinking that replacement parts would be needed since everything on this system is factory original, but after getting the car up on the lift and inspecting all of the parts, the only original piece of the entire system that needed any attention was the small plastic connector that is located with the spring on the release handle rod assembly, along with some adjustments on the cars original three cables. Man, I absolutely LOVE being able to stick with original parts whenever possible! :cool: So all of the replacement parts will go back into my storage bins until needed in the future. (cool huh Rich? rofl)

(2) Replaced the gasket on my Mopar Performance deep transmission oil pan that has had a small leak. Really pretty amazing that's the only leak on the car, as we all know how much older Mopars love to leak their vital fluids on the garage floor! rofl

(3) Everything is new on the front and rear suspension and the brake system, but we did a safety check on all of the parts underneath the car anyway since it's been sitting for so long. Everything checked out fine, so that was good news. I may need to look at a new set of tires because of their age, but I've been considering selling the Weld Draglite wheels and replacing them with something more period correct if my budget allows me to that. I'll see how that goes as the interior restoration continues.

(4) Installed the new B&M T-Handle shifter handle that I mentioned earlier on my B&M Quicksilver shifter.

Up next is the complete restoration of the internal and exterior door parts, including all of the usual parts, plus all of the additional power window parts and all of the side glass weatherstipping. I will also have a new set of Canadian made Chrysler lower door hinges painted and installed so that the doors can be rehung to allow for correct alignment of all of the side glass. So with that work coming soon, I've been going through my parts bins to make sure that I have all of the n.o.s. and reproduction parts on hand to accomplish this project. There sure are LOTS of additional parts involved when you have factory power windows! :p I'm going to have to recruit some help from friends here in Phoenix for this project, as it's just too much for me to do by myself anymore. :p Anybody have any information on how all of these door and window parts were installed and aligned on the cars at the factory on the assembly line? popcorn The factory service manuals do give lots of excellent information on this subject and I'm sure that the factory had some kind of a jig set up, but since every car is slightly different due to the assembly process and these parts must be positioned correctly to interact with each other, it makes me wonder how it was done on the assembly line where time was and still money?

Richard

ws27
05-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Man, I was already eyeing those emergency brake parts. Not gonna sleep well tonight.rofl

ws27
05-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Oh, and is it OK if I include my blue hard top GTX? Took that to a show tonight, Of course only a couple mopars. Two 65/66 Valiants and one 70 Superbee. Couple of others but those ones stood out. I had the only 66/67 B-body as usual. Ran great and I love how it breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift.

67r/t4speeder
05-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh, and is it OK if I include my blue hard top GTX? Took that to a show tonight, Of course only a couple mopars. Two 65/66 Valiants and one 70 Superbee. Couple of others but those ones stood out. I had the only 66/67 B-body as usual. Ran great and I love how it breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift.
Nice Rich!! You got out for a SPIN!!

thebankerstoy
05-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Have you shown us pictures of your GTX that I've missed Rich?

Richard

ws27
05-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Have you shown us pictures of your GTX that I've missed Rich?

RichardI'm happy to share some pics, but I wasn't sure I'd bore you with non Coronet pics. There are some on my home computer, I'll post tonight.

Racer Brown
05-18-2013, 03:28 PM
See, it was just you and a couple of guys that brought the "real" cars!!

thebankerstoy
05-18-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm happy to share some pics, but I wasn't sure I'd bore you with non Coronet pics. There are some on my home computer, I'll post tonight.

If it was built by Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, DeSoto or even AMC buddy, we're all going to love it here on the DCR, especially if it's one from your fantastic collection! :D

Richard

Coronet 14
05-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Vacuum out car. Took for a ride and leaves fell out from under dash. Hundreds of them.

69Coronetrt
05-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Spent more money...rear end this time. Side bearings were shot. Did mention it also got new tires?

67r/t4speeder
05-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Went through40.00 of high test fuel in record time today, need to save some tire for Fremont trip

JennFAFA
05-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Richard - I missed your post ...i did look at the interior for the car. Right now Im not exactly there yet to go for it. I am excited that they make it thought. Theres no way Im doing leather or changing what it was originally so I am happy that they make the fabric. Hopefully when Im ready they will still have it! Thanks for the info .. always appreciated!!

ws27
05-19-2013, 12:24 AM
Richard, I thought I've posted the car before. I'll have to take a few better pics at the next car show. These were taken for the insurance company so they are kind of close ups. I'll get more next weekend.

thebankerstoy
05-19-2013, 03:08 AM
Richard, I thought I've posted the car before. I'll have to take a few better pics at the next car show. These were taken for the insurance company so they are kind of close ups. I'll get more nest weekend.

It looks like a real beauty Rich and fender mounted turn signals also! :cool: I'm really looking forward to seeing more pictures! :D

I've never seen a 1966 or 1967 Dodge or Plymouth B-Body car that I didn't love! If I had the money and space, I'd own one of every version that Chrysler ever offered! Yea I know, it's an incurable sickness, but nobody understands that better than you do my friend! rofl

Richard

ws27
05-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks Richard, I'm trying to keep the car s original as possible. The paint is supposed to be 40+ years old. Still has it's original exhaust tips. Motor is not, and it was orange so I just had to change that. When I bought it, my intention was to keep it as a driver quality GTX, but one thing led to another and you know what happens. This one runs and drives like a new car. Just a joy to drive.

thebankerstoy
05-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks Richard, I'm trying to keep the car s original as possible. The paint is supposed to be 40+ years old. Still has it's original exhaust tips. Motor is not, and it was orange so I just had to change that. When I bought it, my intention was to keep it as a driver quality GTX, but one thing led to another and you know what happens. This one runs and drives like a new car. Just a joy to drive.

When you have a chance to post more pictures Rich, could you also give us a list of options that it came with? With the GTX's being the upgraded model, they were known to be equipped with some very cool options such as the fender mounted turn signals that your car has. :cool: It was truly a sad day when Chrysler killed off the Plymouth division, but at least we still have beautiful cars like yours to look at and enjoy.

Richard

Coronet 14
05-19-2013, 02:57 PM
18081809181018111812 dug out reverse lens light from parts box in garage

Racer Brown
05-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Rich, is this the same car you had at Carlisle the other year that I was there??